Tuesday, March 18, 2008

forget cartoons!


As most children do - Jack provides Ryan and me with endless laughs at all the funny things he does and requests. From making me dance around the coffee table with him to the SpongeBob Square Pants theme song, or singing out loud in the car with his eyes closed to Pearl Jam, he seems to provide endless entertainment for us. This morning was no exception.

During most of my pregnancy with Cash I attempted to keep up with my yoga ("attempted" being the key word) - it just now had to happen from my living room with a low budget pregnancy yoga DVD to which Jack mostly climbed on my back during all balancing positions, or requested cookies during the "close your eyes and forget your surroundings" positions. He seemed, in general, to get a kick out of his big bellied mom attempting to keep in shape each morning on our living room floor.

After Cash came along the DVD was put aside (as well as my ability to shower before noon,) and I haven't given it much thought since.

But this morning as I was rushing around to get out the door to a work meeting, Jack followed me around from room to room carrying my yoga DVD, saying: "mommy, watch oohga?" I put on some cartoons for him as most bad parents do when they are trying to get something done thinking he would be satisfied, but no. Finally I caved, propped him up on the bed with several pillows and the drink of his choice and put on "Pregnancy Yoga".

He watched the entire thing, only pausing for a drink refill half way through. It was too great.


2 comments:

holly said...

oh man. one more blog with better design than ours...

sarah said...

That is so funny. Does he ever attempt to move along with it/you?