Monday, July 7, 2008

thanks for the fireworks america


















As most of you may know, I love me some fourth of july! I have great memories of watching fireworks from my grandpa's roof, hanging out with a million cousins all day - eating enough food to hibernate for the winter. And just 6 years back, the fourth was the day Ryan and I fell in love - had our first kiss - and well the rest is history.

Now this year, well - it was no exception. What can I say, it was a great great day!

The stellar weekend started off with some yummy steak sandwiches and fireworks with the Wileys. We felt adventurous and decided to have a sleep over so we could witness Sarah's lovely Provo balloon launch. It was way too early, but fun none the less and got a kick out of seeing a larger then life pig, smokey the bear, and a massive strawberry compete for hot air balloon bragging rights.

Then it was off to the parade where grandma and grandpa and my brother and sister in-law's family had staked out a spot on the parade route. We were all in foamy lathers as the sun beat down, Jack ate his weight in salt water taffy and David and I had a fun time poking fun at the horrible prom dressed beauty queens. There was one point I thought Jack's head might explode when Curious George come floating down the street.

After that we stopped off at the BrickOven for some efueling and then took the boys home for a MUCH NEEDED nap. (note - by "boys" I mean, everyone but me somehow got a nap! What gives?!)

We then pulled together all the blankets and treats we could find and headed off to SugarHouse park for our yearly firework show where we met up with everyone again for the big show.
We even got Miss Shelby out to join us while her hubby, Captain Amazing, took 1st place in his volleyball tournament in Park City. Congrats Mike!

There was a delicious cloud cover that made the weather just right as we watched the kids run up and down the hill, JuneBug become best friends with Ryan and witnessed too many shirtless farmer-tanned men working the scene.

The firework show was another great display of sparks and lights (Go America!). And when it was all over Jack said, "Thanks for the fireworks. That was awesome..." just before his eyes rolled back and he was out for the night.

A good time was had by all.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Those are the cutest pictures!!
I love me some Tanner kids.

Jamie said...

What?? I was at the parade with Charles and his family. We could have been parade buddies. I'm so mad. This is Jill. We need to hang out!

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

Your boys are the cutest! I am glad that you guys had a great 4th! We totally miss you guys and really really need to get together! I would love to just meet for dinner up that way! Let me know. Any night but Tues. Let me know what works with you guys!!WE MISS YOU!!!!

T-raz and the H-train said...

Your boys are a freaking kick! I love them. I'm ready for a Diet Coke and corn dog any day so just let me know.

LBP said...

You also forgot to mention that the Fourth of July is the day we fell in love. Thanks.

Alicia said...

Okay, I am ridiculously behind on your life. What in the world?? You moved?!?! Well, Lizzie told me, but still, I am amazed. Can't wait to see the new pad and this little person, Cash you are always talking about.
I LOVE the America pictures. You are HOTT!

Ms. Dottie said...

I want to spend 4th of July with you. That Sounds like so much fun. Plus if you and Liz fell in love on the 4th maybe I should be looking around for some firework lovin. It could still happen on the 24th. Well I have to say you and Ryan and the boys are so cute. love ya!!

Matthias said...

Hey Emily, I ran into your spot here from Dottie's, whom I was lucky to bump into online. Your family looks great! Very fun to see how everyone is doing and even more fun that everyone is doing so well! Anyways, a big hello. Feel free to swing by the little blog that Andrea maintains, the link is at Dottie's place. Matthias