Thursday, August 26, 2010

foamy lather at wheeler farm


Today we had our first adventure to Wheeler Farm. We met up with my cute friend Tara and her adorable Hank (who Jack is still calling "Tank") and kissable Mae. It was too blazin hot, but a fun day out. Plus, I adore miss Tara, and was happy we finally got around to having an actual play date.

I spent most the time trying to stop my little nephew, who I was tending, from pushing Cash around or stealing sticks from Hank. He is BFFs with Jack and doesn't really want anyone else to be included in their gang. I was in quite the foamy lather by the time we reached the car.

We got to feed the ducks, climb on some tractors, and look at some smelly animals. The best part was sitting on a blanket in the shade while the boys ignored all my calls to not lean too close to the river as they threw in sticks, rocks and other dirty finds.

I think we will go back when the weather turns crisp for fall.

Thanks for the play date Tmama. Now let's go out just you and me.


2 comments:

Gaige said...

Do you need to explain "foamy lather" to the uninitiated?

emmy said...

I think the term was first coined by Sean Bates to describe driving in his jeep in the heat of summer...a foamy lather is as hot and uncomfortable as it gets.