Thursday, November 13, 2008

don't be mad

I hope I do not offend, but as I am waiting for Thanksgiving to arrive, I am getting very excited about Christmas.

Where is the harm in that right?

Now before you start to judge, I haven't started listening to the Christmas mixes yet, hung any lights outside, or even begun to dig out the boxes that contain all our holiday decor, but - while Cash and I were out on a date tonight, I saw this adorable nativity set from Playmobil (which, as a side note, is one of my favorite toy makers) and had to buy it.

I have been on the hunt for a nativity set for many years now. I want something old, vintage - but so far, have not found it. My grandmother Shirley had this beautiful set. She hand painted each piece. The complete scene, when placed out on her mantle during the holidays, was breathtaking. I look every year - around this time - as everyone pulls out their holiday gear, for "the one". But every year come out empty handed.

But as I saw the happy Playmobil scene tonight, I thought it would be a good starter set for the boys until I can find a more adult version for myself. Okay - maybe it is for me too. I just love those happy wisemen!






4 comments:

sarah said...

I love it! I saw that one in a catalog recently and totally want it too. I'm so jealous.

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

I am not a judger! If I were to have it my way, I would already have my tree up, but thanks to Matt I have to wait till the day after Thanksgiving. So I am glad to see that you bought that. SO CUTE!! Judy has the playschool one for Pete. He loves it!!

Mindi said...

That is way cute, I might have to copy and go get one for the kids.

Alicia said...

I want one!
Don't feel bad. I "accidentally" listen to the Christmas stations. I don't have my Christmas cds out yet, but maybe did get them all in thier own little book already. I can't wait!