Monday, August 3, 2009

all covered in boo-boo's


This last Saturday, we joined Ryan up at Park City, for a small gig he had with Paul J and the Madison Arm, at the local arts festival. It was cool to walk around and see all that amazing (and sometimes weird) artwork. Although, most of the time was spent trying to keep Jack from touching (and then inevitably breaking) some $5000 moose head, or keeping Cash happy enough to stay belted in the stroller.

The guys played their set - in front of a stereotypical crowd of older nature loving individuals who were there just to drink their beers under umbrellas in order to escape the heat, and could care less about who was on stage. Then on our way down Park City Avenue, we managed to find a kind gentleman (and yes, I am using the word "kind" very VERY loosely) who wanted to quickly back out his truck into our car.

Car accidents are the worst. I have to say, I was amazed to see how badly someone - such as our new friend in the black truck - could behave when, he being the one who was at fault - who could clearly see he had hit a car with children, and didn't bother once to come up and see if everyone was okay.

I was happy that our friends Scott and Sarah were still behind us - and generously offered us use of their car for the day and weekend so we could get our sad, hungry, hot boys home. I was also in love with the kind bar tenders and waiters at the Butchers Bar & Grill who came to my rescue with providing the boys bar stools inside their joint and ice cold lemonades to distract them while I made the many phone calls to our insurance comany, to try and arrange towing while Ryan dealt with the police reports.

All in all - just another relaxing weekend. Our poor sad volvo... "all covered in boo-boo's" as Jack put it. As much fun as it is for me to crawl out my window when I want to exit the car, I do hope you get well soon.


3 comments:

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

That SUCKS!! Glad that everyone was ok.

paul said...

And after such a jaw-dropping show...

Really glad nobody got hurt.

Jamie said...

I hate car accidents.. im so sorry.