Tuesday, September 15, 2009

hello fall


I must admit. Fall is my favorite of all the seasons. I love the way the air smells so crisp as it's just about to get cold. I love how the colors begin to fade while the trees begin to burn on fire with their autumn leaves. I love wearing rain boots and scarves, beanies and hoodies...

But one of my new favorite things about the end of summer - and the beginning of all, is taking the boys to the state fair.

Jack was all over the rides this year (a big leap from the one ride he would dare try last year), the funnel cakes were to die for, the people were hilarious to watch, and the cows were fatter then ever.

Ryan missed out - as he had a show with Paul & the Madison Arm - so I am sorry to rub it in, but it was a pretty great night.



3 comments:

sarah sample said...

love it emily. love the gator pic as well, good one.
xo

Ms. Dottie said...

I love the state fair. We had a blast. Boyz II Men, fried twinkies, snickers, and pb&j's. Smoked Roast beef sandwiches and dollar hot dogs. You can't leave out the smallest horse or the woman with a snake body. It was too good!

Brooke said...

I'm so jealous I love fairs! me and Lindsey need to come see you guys sometime, we have a car this year!