Monday, October 5, 2009

side note, it's fajita night


The hard part about claiming that you are going to post a "catch up" blog entry - is that you have to own up to it once you don't. I keep getting distracted, and now I can't quite remember even what I was going to write about.

Jack had his birthday at the beginning of last month. My little heartbreaker. Turning 4 seems so strange. It ends the great era of not having to pay for him at most events - suddenly I realize he needs to be going to school, and that about blows my mind. How did time get away with letting him grow up so fast. We had a great party with the extended fams. I feel pretty lucky to have everyone in both our families live within 10 minutes of each other (for the time being).

Cash is still refusing to say much.
But he has finally added Jack's name to his 3 word vocabulary. I know he's smart, so I think he is doing it just to spite us. He is much more brave then Jack ever was, and is constantly finding himself in situations I never had to worry about with Jack. He is our daredevil and I have my work cut out for me. But I love the little monster. I can't seem to squeeze and kiss him enough these days.

Freelance work has been busy. It is always a love/hate relationship I have with being able to work from home. I love the flexibility of it - the chance to bring in some extra cash flow - but it usually requires me to let the house go to waste, dinner to not be on the table, the boys to get into a lot more trouble then should be allowed, and a LOT of nights staying up into the wee hours of the morning to get things finished why the boys sleep. It leaves me with zero free time to do anything else (my excuse for being horrible at blog updates).

I have been trying to make as much salsa as possible before the summer produce comes to an end. I wish I was more dedicated to can it and have it all winter long, but I haven't reached that deep into my homemaking skills.

Ryan and I did get to sneak away the other night and watch The Invention of Lying. I have heard it has caused some what of a stir amongst religious groups, but I thought it was hilarious - and had some very sweet moments. It had a great cast of actors and their mini rolls. Plus, I love me some Ricky Gervais.

And that pretty much sums up what I have been doing this last month. I would have included photos - but it would have pushed me back another month, so as boring as it is, you can now consider yourself updated. There.


1 comment:

Jill said...

i heard this movie is great.

i miss you.

why does just hearing about baby cash make me smile?