Thursday, December 3, 2009

cash and the red slush attack


Yesterday, after spending several hours of errand running - I felt it only fair to reward the boys good behavior and patience with some slushies... plus mama needed her some diet coke, so we stopped off at the local gas station. I got the boys their slush and as we were walking up to pay - they discovered the popcorn machine. I had just bought some microwavable popcorn at the grocery story, so I was determined to save a little cash, and just make the boys some when I got home.

Cash did not like this idea one bit. How did I know this you ask? He proceeded to chuck his full RED slushy across the room of the gas station. Red foamy slush went EVERYWHERE! People's legs, the floor, the displays, the racks of candy. I was mortified. It took everything in me to keep from crying while I was wiping off people's shoes and scraping up the sea of red that now blanketed the floor.

It's hard. Jack has always been my sweetheart - he mostly always listens to what I say and rarely gets out of hand - while Cash... well, after the red slush episode of 2009, I think I'm a little afraid of him.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Haha ah ah. Em this is the best post ever. I know it wasn't funny yesterday but it sure is today! Love that baby Cash.

AZ Larsens said...

Oh no! I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing right now... Only because I can picture this happening to me.

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

Oh no!! That is how it is going to be with Piper, I just know it! Pete is my sweetheart and 95% of the time does what he is told. Piper on the other hand...even though she is only 10 months old...I can already tell a HUGE difference!

sarah sample said...

a maz ing.

really. cash, you have outdone yourself. em, you are a brave mama. today in the airport junie tried to stand up in her stroller, while I was balancing the carseat on top of the stroller...as I dove to her rescue, my caravan crashed and burned. everyone watching. I started crying. not as bad as the red slush event, and you held it together. you win.

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh... I just read this and am laughing and crying at your pain.

Emilie and Branden said...

OH. MY. HEAVENS. My body temperature just went up in your behalf. Hopefully everyone there has kids so they "get it".

Niki and Jess said...

Sorry, but I am laughing hysterically! I can just imagine having a meltdown if that happened to me, especially with all the other stresses of the holidays and such...that would just be the icing on the cake!

Jamie said...

From now on Em, only the clear slushies.

Machelle said...

Awww, I feel for you. I've been there when you look down at that face you love and watch it use your reward as ammunition.