Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Henry H. Leigh


My grandpa Leigh passed away today.

I was looking through my box of letters from him. He never missed a holiday or event in my entire life - the same with Jack and Cash. His letters were always typed on a typewriter, with his great scratchy signature at the bottom. He was always telling me to kick my brother's in the shins, but hug my sisters. Or when he sent a present, he would often remark that "it wasn't much, but it was better then a poke in the eye". For as long as I can remember, he wore these great blue jumpsuits, which always had a pack of tic tacs in one of the chest pockets. He had the best voice, deep and raspy. He was such a great man, and
I am going to miss everything about him.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I loved everything about this man! This post is absolutely adorable. Love you Em!

Alicia said...

I am so sorry, Em. Grandpas are the greatest... and he looks adorable.

T-raz and the H-train said...

What a wonderful Grandpa. Mine wore the same blue jumpsuit and was always sneaking Tab when my Grandma wasn't looking. Your post brought great memories....

Brooke said...

I loved everything that you said about him. One of the last things he said to me when I told him I had to go away to work was to "kick them in the shins." Also, when we were going through some things we found signed birthday cards for all the grandkids and great grandkids. So glad we got to know him

Eye-Catching Video said...

:( Sounds like someone I would have liked to have known. That's a rare thing anymore.

Rock The Jukebox