Thursday, July 8, 2010

the pencil


I checked out this book from the library for Jack sometime last month. Every time I try to return it, he gets these huge crocodile tears and begs to check it out again or literally starts crying. I guess we will have to purchase it to keep Jack's little heart from breaking.

I first saw this book, in passing, sitting on a shelf at the library of my niece's elementary school. I loved the cover so much, I searched it out next time we did a library run.

The Pencil, by Allan Ahlberg and Bruce Ingman, is a story featuring a pencil that is all alone. One day, he decides to draw a boy. The boy wants a dog, so the pencil draws him one. The dog wants a cat, so the pencil draws him one... and so on and so on until there is trouble! The illustrations are great and it has such a sweet ending.

Worth checking out. Worth buying according to Jack.



2 comments:

Brandon said...

Funny – we got that one recently, too.

Alicia said...

I love your book reviews.