Thursday, July 1, 2010

hello summer,


Now that the weather if finally acting like summer - it has been hard to find time to blog. So here is the update.

The boys and I have been living it up at all the pool sides around town, dominating the park scenes, and eating enough shaved ice to turn us diabetic. Summer rules.

We had a surprise visit from Ryan's sister Shelby, all the way out from California this last week, so the boys have been spending every moment possible with their cousin Tanner. I miss Shelby dearly - so I too have been trying to soak up as much Shelby sun that I can get before she heads back to Disneyland and the beach.

I'm slowly trying to do something with our yard. Ever since we have moved in to this house - I have had plans for something better for the front scape, but every year goes by and all I just do is weed. Ry finally chopped down the horrible evergreen monsters that lined the front of our house. We are working slowly to dig out their roots and get the area ready for some trees and better bushes. I am surprised how much I love yard work. As I kid - I'm sure I couldn't hate anything more. But now - I find weeding and planting and all that green stuff very therapeutic. I'm learning more and more how to take better care of my roses out back, and love having fresh flowers all throughout the house during these summer months. My succulents are flourishing and I consider trips to the nursery quite the treat.

I couldn't be more excited about the upcoming weekend. The fourth of July is one of my all time favorite holidays. I love everything about it... the food, the summer weather, the fireworks and the smell of smoke after they have died out, sparklers, being on a lawn somewhere - sprawled out on blankets with family and friends... it's the best. It's also the day Ryan and I had our first kiss - so I am hopelessly and romantically attached to the day... ahhhhh.

Last but not least, and a prize for all those who made it through this entry, I'm pregnant. Another little hooligan to add to this motley crew of ours. The kid is due sometime in the beginning of December, putting me roughly at 17 weeks. I've been sicker then sick this time around. The kind of morning sickness that is actually just all-day-long-and-night sickness. But now that I have hit and passed the beautiful 15 week mark, I'm feeling really good. Jack likes to talk a lot to my "baby" tummy. Before I told him a baby was in there, he would often pat my stomach and look concerned, but not say much. Now he is commenting that everyone he passes with a tummy is having a baby and I've had a hard time explaining that that is not always the case. Cash on the other hand also thinks he has a baby in his tummy, and just likes to do stomach blows on me when ever I am sitting down and at his height.

I am super excited for this burrito to get here. I really love being pregnant - the few months after baby is here makes me a little miserable to think about. I just don't do well without sleep, but I know it passes and I'll try to cherish each night I have now of my uninterrupted 8 hours. The only thing I can't quite understand, is why everyone has to give me their "oh, once we had three kids" horror stories. I know it can't be that bad - there are too many of you who had 3 and went for a 4th or 5th, or MORE. But it does make me a little nervous why everyone acts like it is the worst thing ever, please someone tell me something positive about it.

Okay, now I'm off to eat an otterpop. Have a good weekend everyone.







12 comments:

AZ Larsens said...

Congrats Emily! I hope you have another boy. Only b/c I have 3 boys and boys rule. I won't tell you any horror stories about 3, only that it's an adjustment just like anything else. My husband complains that now we're outnumbered but I argue that at least we're still bigger than they are!

Mindi said...

Congrats! My only guess on the 3 thing being that your now outnumbered, but I've always wondered the same thing why some people say it is so bad.

stephanie said...

Oh yay! A new baby is such a miracle. Congratulations.

P.s. I thought 3 was great.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Great post, Em. I am so happy for you guys! Sounds like a fun summer and I can't wait to meet the new little burrito. Three kids sounds awesome, I am one of three and my mom and dad turned out just fine! : )

Brandon said...

Congratulations! Sounds like he's due about the same time of year as Owen was. I've found that it's not so much that there's three that's difficult, but just that the third one is a newborn, which he'll grow out of.

Jill said...

That's funny.. my mom said people would comment "I'm so sorry" when she told them she was having twins. People are idiots.

Oh... And I'd prefer you call my new niece "button" or "sunshine" instead of burrito. :)

sarah sample said...

yay for baby number three. you are a beautiful star mother, three ain't nothing. so fun to play this weekend. we need to do it again soon. xo
s

Jamie said...

Yay another Tanner baby! I love you guys..Congrats Momma, oh and let's hang out more-- I bet you need a trim?

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

Congrats Emily and clan!! That is great news! We will talk more on the 16th!! Right?? See you then!!

Alicia said...

Um... did Jill just say it was a girl?

I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

emmy said...

She is just predicting. I don't find out until later this month. But let's face it, she is usually right...

Niki and Jess said...

Hey Em, congrats!
Personally, I can't see having more than one...maybe that is because I have only child syndrome!