Saturday, April 30, 2011

another amazing dinner conversation

Tonight's dinner conversation:

Jack: Jesus hates eating breakfast. Did you know that?

Me: No, I had never heard that. That's amazing.

Cash: Stop talking.

Jack: I don't trust you.

Cash: Jack doesn't trust me mom.

Jack: Are you going to eat all the ice cream mom?

Me: Yes, cause I ate all my dinner.

Jack: Jesus will be mad at you.

Me: Jesus doesn't get mad at people.

Cash: Are you happy with me mom?

Me: Eat your peas and I will be.

Cash: Your impossible mom.

Me: Do you even know what that word means?

Cash: Potatoes in your face mom.

Jack: Max is crying mom.

Me (sitting right next to max): Really? I couldn't hear. Thank you.

Me: Jack, eat your peas and potatoes.

Jack: Tell Cash to zip his mouth up.

Me: Please, both of you... EAT.

Cash: Mom, watch this. (shoving spoon in his mouth without food).

Me: Amazing, now put some potatoes on it, and try it again. And take that pea out of your ear please.

Me: Both of you, eat with a spoon. What are you, cavemen?

Cash (leaving the table): I've got robot duty. Robot duty, robot duty..."

Me: Robot duty yourself right up to bed then if you are not going to eat your dinner.

Cash (coming back to table): watch this mom (empty spoon trick again.)

Jack (with bowl still full of peas): can I have some ice cream?

Me: sigh





4 comments:

Austin Passey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

I just laughed out loud...a lot

holly said...

I feel like you just described every day of my life with Leo. You're not alone, Em. You're not alone.

Amazing.

Alicia said...

I have been laughing about this for days now. Thanks.