Friday, April 15, 2011

hello spring, you've been missed

I am tempted every year to start buying and planting beautiful flowers and such at this time of year, but I know we are destined to still have another snow, so I wait... not very patiently... for old man winter to hit the road.

Today Cash and I raked all the leaves in the backyard that somehow got missed because I was too pregnant to care when it was time to get rid of them. I started all sorts of schemes and ideas for revamping the backyard. Getting ideas of what to plant and where to plant it. I love hanging out outdoors - dinner parties late into summer evenings, just letting the kids run circles around you until the stars come out... it is the best.

I think this IS the year I build my garden boxes, and maybe even a good fire pit area. Having three kids has made me realize I don't really ever want to leave the house if I don't have to. I think this summer we will be putting the backyard to good use because of that.

I've been cutting out magazines and bookmarking all sorts of sites for ideas and tips. Now if it can only stay warm enough for me to get started.











1 comment:

Alicia said...

Make sure you invite me over.;)