Saturday, October 8, 2011

hello october




I love October. The air is amazing - scarfs and sweaters start making their debuts... the windows can be left open again - and most of all, the house smells constantly of pumpkin. Pumpkin in all forms; cookies, bread, pie, soup - you name it. I could kiss this month on the mouth.

Yesterday I made these cookies I found on my of friend Stephanie's blog. She has the best recipes and has never lead me astray. They were super simple to make - and made a ton, so I was able to plate them up and take around to some of the neighbors... which helped me from eating them all myself.  Tomorrow I will be making the pumpkin gingerbread bars she also posted about... I'm telling you - her recipes are golden.

Then today I tried this recipe for pumpkin bread with cinnamon pecan filling. It was absolutely delicious. It makes 2 loaves, but we ended up eating both... no neighbor sharing on this one.


Ahhhh, hello October. I'm glad you are here.




No comments: