Wednesday, October 12, 2011

more pumpkin



This is one of my favorite and easiest pumpkin recipes. All you need is 1 spice cake mix (any brand - but watch out, come October, spice cake mix goes missing off the shelves - so I usually by several), 1 can of pumpkin, 1 package of MILK chocolate chips. The spice cake mix makes these cookies so light and soft. And trust me... spend the extra 20 cents for the real chocolate chips - semisweet don't cut it on these cookies.

Then pour in the spice cake mix, don't add any of the eggs or water/oil as it calls for, just add the can of pumpkin. At first it will seem extremely dry, but keep mixing with a spoon until both the pumpkin and spice cake are well incorporated. Add chocolate chips, and cook at 350 for 12 minutes. I have a small cookie dough scoop that makes these the perfect size. The dough is incredibly gooey, so I recommend using something similar to that or an icecream scoop to keep the mess to a minimum. 

This is another cookie I have to plate up and immediately distribute to the neighbors or I will eat the whole batch. I often double up the recipe, they seem to go so fast. They are heaven when they are warm.

I wrapped them up with a little Halloween themed card, and thought they looked quite nice. 

1 comment:

Jenigirl said...

So cute Em! I love it....now where's my cookie? ;)