Monday, February 6, 2012

a rare treat


Getting out to see my heartthrob play is getting harder and harder now that we have 3 kids. Most of Ry's shows don't even begin until after 9pm, so I always feel like I am asking too much of our babysitters, and seem to find myself going less and less. 

Luckily I have some pretty amazing sisters, grandmas and grandpas, and in-laws who often hold down the fort for me late into the night so I can attend when I make the trek. Thanks to Aunt Jennie... this weekend was a night I didn't want to miss.

It's been so long since Ryan has played his own stuff, so it was quite the rare treat to hear him play live - and the backing up band are some of the most talented musicians and friends we know... I got to hang out with some cool people, hit up Ryan's friend Bren for his latest movie reviews (he never lets me down), watch my man do his thing and get a tasty bean and cheese burrito from my favorite mexi-dive on the way home. 

All in all, it was a fabulous night.


The review is here.




 

No comments: