Sunday, February 26, 2012

somewhere in between

I don't know where I've been... somewhere between sick kids, life with a 15 month old who is convinced he is physically attached to my hip or all hell breaks loose, desperately trying to lose the baby weight that I've taken on with said 15 month old, and trying to keep my house from looking like a frat house or something off an episode of hoarders. I took on some freelance projects and watched my brother's kids at their house for a week while they were in Europe. And as I now look at how long it has been since I last posted, I am somewhat embarrassed. My apologies (mostly to Jennie, my sole follower).

All I have to offer today is the two things that have most recently made me very happy.

Item number 1: Mountain Mike's Cinnamon Dessert Pizza. Whomever created this must have made a deal with the Devil. It is perfection and I could eat 7 slices in one sitting. It is only $7, and I have found it to be my new addiction. There used to be a joint in Provo while I was at BYU called Pizza Pipeline. I was addicted to their cinnamon bread sticks. They came with a tub of frosting and the day they closed down I literally felt a part of my heart break. Mountain Mike's has healed all wounds with it's version of this amazing treat. Heaven help me... I'll never lose my baby weight if I keep eating them.

Item number 2: Josh Ritter's latest video. Ry found this for me and it is breathtaking. It was created with over 12,000 pieces of construction paper, shown as it was shot, with no effects added in post. It is amazing. I love Josh Ritter's music - but I love even more when people create things like this... it requires so much love, effort - hands on technique that I can't not be complete in awe of it.

Enjoy:

Josh Ritter - Love Is Making Its Way Back Home from Josh Ritter on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Sophia said...

I am glad to see you blogging! I freaking love dessert pizzas.

Alicia said...

Um... there's a substitute to Pizza Pipeline????? Sign me up and give me more information.
And, I am also a devoted reader. Love me. :)

sarah sample said...

first dunford. Now this. awesome. I loved that Josh Ritter video too. xo