Monday, October 27, 2008

if you feel like singing a song







i am sure many of you, like us, have been following the progress of friends Stephanie and Christian Nielson who were involved in a plane crash in August. it has been a remarkable thing to watch as hundreds, and even thousands have been drawn to this story. we have been praying for this sweet family, and have been closely following the updates on their progress.

we have posted on ebay a couple of items for auction to raise a little money to go towards the relief efforts. i met john stirratt, bass player for the world's greatest rock and roll band wilco, last year in Denver when we took a roadie with mr. and mrs. campbell. i sent a letter to mr. stirratt who put me in touch with the incredibly good people at tony margherita management who arranged to have some things donated and a guitar signed.

i was originally going to send an old fender telecaster that had been the victim of my merciless guitar playing, but after some searching I found the perfect guitar to have signed and auctioned off. you can see the auction for the guitar here.


if you could pass this on to your friends, and have them pass it on to theirs it would be greatly appreciated.

also ... to the nielson family. we love you, and pray everyday that you will continue to get better.

3 comments:

Mindi said...

That's a really great thing for you to do. And although I don't know them, I wish I did...and I still read the blog everyday and am inspired. Good job!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Hurray for the Tanners! You guys are amazing. I love being friends with rock stars who know other rock stars. I hope this raises lots of money for the Nielsons.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

hey Ryan, I had no idea when I read "ryan tanner" that is was YOU...my mom put 2 and 2 together!
I didnt know you had a CD out...It will be on my list of things to buy today :)

Hope you are doing well! Congrats on everything!

Meredith (jones) please tell me you remember me :)