Sunday, October 19, 2008

super saturday







The weekend started off with some great indian summer weather. We opened all the windows in the entire house and let the nice crisp fall breeze fill the house. We took the boys over on Saturday to pick out some pumpkins at their cousin's farm. Jack is obsessed with pumpkins this year - and was trying to haul away every last one.

After putting the boys down for a lazy nap, Ryan and I kicked back and watched the U of U game. My new Martha Stewart issue had just come earlier that week - and Ryan and I were so inspired by the "remains of the day" article on all the food you can make with leftover turkey, that we went out and cooked ourselves up a mighty bird - just for the leftovers.

The sandwich Ryan made was so divine! Toasted ciabatta rolls, avocado and blue cheese spread, fresh hot turkey with slices of bacon and a fried egg to top it all off - oh man! We invited the newly weds, Jeff and Jennie over, to share in the tasty grub. They came bearing caramel apples for dessert - so my night was made.

For anyone who has never seen Jack and Jennie together - it is a pretty cute thing. Jack's mad crushes seem to be for the blonde women in his life, but Jennie is definitely at the top of his list. He was putting on a show all night for her. Then went to bed a happy happy boy with Jennie reading to him his bedtime stories.

It was a prefect day.

9 comments:

Ms. Dottie said...

That sounds like so much fun. I wanted to take the kids and get pumpkins. The best part though is the turkey and the description of the sandwich. I want one immediately!!! Love ya! Dot

Jamie said...

That sounds lovely. Everyone has a crush on Jennie, how could you not? Even I have a crush on Jennie. Tell Ryan I have not had any of his cookin lately. I'm getting hungry! This is Jill...

Alicia said...

Oh, sounds blissful! I am jealous. And your pictures are stupendous. I'm serious.

Anna Marie said...

Hurray for Martha Stewart. I love your family picture. I guess I need some more practice because you blog looks so organized, I fill like mine is just a mess.

LBP said...

When I saw the title, "Super Saturday", I anticipated seeing pictures of you with the Relief Society women of your ward painting bird nests.

Rachelle said...

That is the most adorable photo of the four of you! Jack and Cash are so cute. I think I could have a crush on Jennie too!!

Angeler said...

I wish with my whole soul that someone in our house took pictures like the people in your house.

What time can Dot and I come over for a sandwich?

Explore & Grow said...

Love the pumpkin pics!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

A perfect day, indeed. I love the pumpkin pics.