Monday, December 1, 2008

the mobile is a go go

I made this mobile for Cash a few months back when he seemed utterly dissinterested in his baby mobile. I finally convinced Ryan over the holiday weekend, to help me hang it up and I think it actually turned out pretty cool.

Plus - when you pull on the birds, they flap their wings (an All-a-Dollar find jazzed up with some spray paint) and Cash squeals like a little piggy. It's the best. The branches just came from our overgrown trees in our front yard. I saved a few branches when we first moved in figuring I would use them for something and voila!



8 comments:

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Oh, Em, this is beautiful! As Chandler Bing would say, "Could you BE any more talented?"

I think you should make a bundle of these and sell them for a fortune on Etsy. I would buy one!!

sarah said...

Emily it's beautiful! So simple and creative! Love the color and the dollar store birds. Perfect!

stephanie said...

how clever. it is simple and beautiful. i love everything about it.

paul said...

holy crap that is awesome.

Gaige said...

This is so cool my teeth hurt, or is that the gingivitis? I am completely impressed.

Niki and Jess said...

Damn, I wish I were even the least bit creative!

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot. But have you considered adding a Winnie the Pooh or Tweety bird to it? :}

Janelle said...

Wow! Cash is so lucky to have such a freakin' cool Mom.