Monday, April 5, 2010

food, friends and cokes

My cute friend Liz is pregnant with twin boys. My girlfriends and I threw her a shower this weekend to celebrate her ever expanding belly full of babies and their much anticipated arrival. I tried to doll up the living room for the dinner/shower to make for a more vibey night, and we had a blast. We even were spoiled with having our friend Katrina in all the way from California.

My friend Ange brought in desserts from her bakery/cafe down in Orem. The most heavenly version of strawberry short cake, mint brownies, lemon curd cupcakes, and german chocolate babycakes. We made mini BBQ chicken sandwiches on home made rolls, with about three different fresh strawberry salads. And of course, diet cokes all around.

How much I love these girls. We have all been friends since high school. We gabbed and ate and ate and ATE, all the way up until midnight. Poor Liz - I don't know how she kept her little pregnant self awake that long. We are so excited for you Lizzy!

Here are a few of the snap shots:









7 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh, Em... it was a perfect night and exactly what I needed. Thanks for being a great hostess.
And, your pictures here put my two lame ones to complete shame.

LBP said...

I couldn't ask for better friends. The shower was perfect! Thanks again for everything!

Jill said...

Ahh.. Liz is very lucky to have the most creative, prettiest friends ever! Looks like a great time.

Also, I think I saw Angie at Harmons in Draper last week. I just stared at her and didn't say hi cause I thought she would not remember me.

In case she reads this, I'm sorry I stared at you in the meat section.
Jill

sarah sample said...

this looks divine. great job em.

Danielle said...

congrats Liz! I love you guys :) And a VERY cute party.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Beautiful party, Em! I adore the little cranes.

Twin boys are a very good reason to celebrate. Congrats to your friend Liz.

Kat said...

Em, you are the best hostess ever. Thanks for the memories. Can't wait to see Lizzy's little men.