Friday, April 16, 2010

a long day


Yesterday was a long day. Cash and Ryan fell when our nephews and a long board went under their path just as they were walking across the room. They both came down really hard. Cash hit his head, and my heart stopped. I picked him up and he screamed a half scream - then went limp. I lost it. I've never been so scared. We continued to try and rouse him, but with not much luck. We rushed everyone in the car and headed for the ER. I'm so glad they just opened that new Primary Children's wing at the Riverton Hospital... I know an ER is an ER, but Primary Children's is so amazing, and I just feel better knowing everything they do and have is for these little monsters we love so much.

After tests and scans, we could stop holding our breath. He checked out okay, and we could finally leave and let him fall asleep.

Thank you to Aunt Shelby for coming to pick up Jack and Tanner from the Hospital. Thanks for Grandma and Grandpa Tanner for letting Ryan and Cash crash all day with you while I had to go set up the primary party I was in charge of after our hospital episode. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Leigh for taking Jack the rest of the day to hang out, he had a blast. And thank you for all your phone calls and texts. We are so grateful is he okay and that we have so many wonderful friends and family around us.


8 comments:

Jill said...

I was so worried about that cute baby Cash.

Glad everyone is okay!!

RS Should bring you dinner anyway.

Gaige said...

There is nothing more scary. Glad Cash-man is Ok. Now he can get back to chucking slurpees.

stephanie said...

oh my gosh, emily. i am so glad he's ok.

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh... So, so scary. And so happy little man is okay. Are YOU okay?

Danielle said...

That's freaky. Glad everyone's OK, and agreed about the PPC branch in Riverton!

Kat said...

I had no idea. OMG I would have freaked out! I'm SO glad he is ok. When my boys get hurt I loose my mind.

sarah sample said...

tanners. so happy cash is fine. that is the worst moment as a parent. that is a pretty tender picture of ryan and cash at the hospital.

Emilie and Branden said...

omigosh. Have you recovered from the heart attack yet? So scary!!!