Sunday, October 10, 2010

another week gone by

Yes yes, another few weeks gone by. What have we been up to? Well let me think.

Last weekend we took the boys up the canyon to see the leaves.
We stopped off at a little cafe in Midway to eat some of the most yummy homemade scones ever, then headed towards Sundance to ride the chair lift. A beautiful 45 minute ride up and back. I wish I had more pictures of the event, but I was too concerned about dropping either my phone or Cash off the lift, so let Ryan play photographer and will post the pictures once they are developed.

Afterwords, we treated the boys to some yummy suckers from the resort snack shop and headed home. The weather was a dream - Utah is so beautiful this time of year.

I started my natural birthing class as well. Being self insured has made me insane enough to try and attempt this kid without the happy drugs that cost so much and that have made the other 2 births so pleasant. The book, The Bradley Method, has been my main read over the last several weeks. I think my family still thinks I am insane, but I am getting more and more confident that I can do this. Although - the little monster is breeched at this moment, so if I can just get him to turn, I don't think I will be so nervous. My friend Holly has just given me some tips that involve being upside down on an ironing board... wish me luck.
Ryan and the Lower Lights gang played at the Provo roof top concert series. Grandma Tanner let the boys sleep over so I could go down. The weather was great - and the roof top was packed, and I even got to meet the lovely Miss Courtney aka C Jane. The show was great. If you haven't purchased the CD yet, you should. Jack has most of it memorized. After it was all over, we ate at the yummy Rooster at about 1 in the morning and I don't think I have ever been so tired.



Jack had his last soccer game on Saturday. I don't think soccer will ever be the sport for Jack. He is just way too nice to ever try and take anything, let alone a ball, away from another kid. He just liked running around a lot, and wearing the big socks that would go up to his thighs when it got extra cold. The snacks at the end of the game were also a real plus.

I finally got both boys together in one room. I finished my headboards this weekend and will post the pictures once I get the room assembled. Cash seems to have no problem with sleeping in the big-boy bed, although it is always a mystery where I will find him in the morning. He is often rolled under Jack's bed, behind a chair, in the closet, or somewhere in the hall. I don't know really how he gets there, but he stays asleep - so I guess he must be comfortable.

I think I will attempt to get out all the baby clothes this week and start to prep the room for kid numero 3. Having 3 boys has it's advantages. Although I am starting to see that most of the clothes aren't surviving Cash's wear and tear.

Well. That might be it. Consider yourself updated.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I can't believe you are going natural. You are a brave girl. Seriously, I am a wuss. But you already knew that. :)
I'm jealous of your fall adventure on the lift. Remember when we did that together? Man, that feels like yesterday---and a million years ago.
I miss our adventures. :)

AZ Larsens said...

I did that ironing board breech tilt with my youngest son when he was breech at 36 weeks. I also put a frozen bag of peas up where his head was. The idea is that the baby won't like the cold and will flip head down like he's supposed to be. TOTALLY worked, and it was the weirdest feeling EVER.