Saturday, October 23, 2010

the tulips will have to wait


This weekend we introduced the boys to Star Wars. A moment to be remembered, as we all sat on one couch watching Darth Vader come onto the screen. The boys were mesmerized, and have been playing jedi knights ever since.

I bought a bunch of tuplip bulbs, only to have it rain on my day of planting. So instead I sat at my kitchen window watching the birds eat greedily from my new bird house feeder I just hung from our backyard tree.

My report from the doctor this week brought the good news of baby being turned into launch position. No more breech. No more need to lie on ironing boards.

Our friend Harley was married this weekend. They had wood grain heart stamped bags filled with cinnamon bears and lemon drops to take home with you. I've been happily munching from it all day.

I was able to trim my rose bushes down and stain the sand box before the cold came... what beautiful weather we have had. I hope we get one last hit of it again before the winter months set in around us.

The boys couldn't be any more excited about Halloween. We busted out the costumes for our church carnival. I loved watching Jack and Cash as they attempted pumpkin bowling, bat hitting, eyeball tossing games. None of Cash's candy prizes ever made it to the bottom of his pumpkin - just straight to the mouth. They were more then a little sugared up by the time we left.

Tomorrow we make haunted gingerbread houses with the cousins.
Maybe we will watch the last Star Wars.

As long as I am cozy on the couch with Ryan for a lazy sunday afternoon, I don't care about much else.



2 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh the happiness I get thinking about you and me and Star Wars.

holly said...

Congratulations on turning the baby around!! Here's to healthy babies and ironing boards!