Saturday, October 16, 2010

a good day


Today was fun.

The morning started out with taking the boys out to breakfast for pancakes since Jack decided to wake everyone up at the crack of dawn in attempt to find his beloved pink stuffed animal piggy.

We stopped off at the nursery, and picked out a few clearanced out shrubs to plant in order to keep the neighborhood boy from mowing 2 feet into our lawn. He army haircuts the older couples lawn next to us, and in turn wipes out our sprinkler heads every time as he mows over into our yard. I tried to talk to him earlier in the summer, show him the massacred sprinkler heads, and he was conscious of it for about a week - then came in a foot more. Since this is a good time to plant, I figured I would start now to help next summer's lawn and sprinklers not be victimized every week.

We bought Jack some much needed bigger sized killer new super hero underwear and I hope this will be the solution to him grabbing and adjusting himself constantly in public.

Ry helped me hang all the remaining frames and bed lights to the boys room (pictures coming soon), and then we headed off to watch him play at an outdoor folk festival down in American Fork with Paul and the Madison Arm crew.

The boys and I headed home after that, stopping off at 2 Walmarts and 1 Target in an attempt to get the new How To Train a Dragon movie. With sad tears and dramatic draping over shopping carts - we were unsuccessful on all attempts. Cue in Grandma Leigh to save the day... luckily Grandma was willing to sell us her copy she had just bought at Costco so the boys could continue on another day. Oh thank you thank you Grandma!

We took a nice cozy tub. Snuggled into some warm Iron Man and Spiderman pjs, and the boys were off to bed.

Now I'm just waiting for Ryan to get home from his house concert he played in Provo after the folk festival, with the beautiful and uber talented Sarah Sample. I am considering eating leftovers out of the fridge, but keep hearing the voice of my doctor tell me each week that I am gaining too much weight. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if I just like to eat, or if I am actually hungry.

All in all, it was a fun day.


No comments: