Saturday, November 20, 2010

the lower lights play


Ryan and The Lower Lights played again tonight at the Post Theater up in Salt Lake.

I love that even though I have been listening to this CD since it was in it's infant recording stages, and for months in the car with the boys, that seeing them play live can still gives me chills. The songs are so beautiful, and to have the dynamic of everyone up there at once, or least a great majority of them, really gives the whole thing quite a different presence.

Everyone sounded so great tonight - I hope you all get a chance to see them play together if you have not.

I have to thank my cute sister-in-law for taking the boys for me tonight, and to Grandma and Grandpa Leigh for picking them up when it took me so long to get home in the bad weather. Driving 30 miles per hour on the freeway makes for an insane drive home.

And I have to add a big thanks again to my friend Charlie - a true gentleman - for walking me to my car during the second set, so I didn't deliver this baby in the middle of the road while slipping on the ice and show.

What a great night.


2 comments:

LBP said...

I love this music! You are all very talented. I can't wait for a song to be titled after me because you know it's going to happen.

Jill said...

I loved hanging out with you and meeting baby Noami. The group did amazing, succeeded all my expectations. Their hired!