Wednesday, November 17, 2010

sick but surviving


I think I made it.

Ryan went on tour with Sarah Sample and Paul Jacobsen last week to Nebraska. I got sick the night he left. Remained sick for the entire week, and now 3 days into this week, I think I'm finally on the up and up. No one likes to be sick of course, but being sick and pregnant just seems like a raw deal. It's wednesday now though, and I think I survived, or at least I feel like doing my yoga this morning, and that seems a good sign.

Baby is still cooking. We are 36 weeks, 5 days and counting. I've actually felt really good this pregnancy. Minus being no spring chicken this time around, I've liked being pregnant. These last few weeks are the hard ones to still feel that way. I suppose it is mostly the lack of sleep, and the feeling like you need a crane every time you move in bed, but with this cold finally leaving me, I feel like I still have my head about me.

We've been taking some Bradley Method birthing classes - and I think this is the healthiest pregnancy I've had because of them. I worked out more, stretched more, and for the most part, ate better. As my first heavy hitting contractions have come to give me a nice reminder of what is ahead of me, I think I am ready to do this natural.

My ideas about having this kid o-natural first came because we are self paying this time around and it was the only cost I could control. But after talking with friends who had done it, and attending the class, I'm sure I'd make this choice with insurance or not. Now... I haven't actually gone into battle yet, but at least I feel prepared.

I still can't wrap my head around adding another kid to the mix. Everyone has told me their exhausting horror stories, or given me that look like nothing can prepare me for the hardships of number 3, but either way, I'm still excited. I've got the boys sharing a room, the baby clothes out and organized, and the baby car seat cleaned and ready to bring home our little package.

And now we wait.



1 comment:

Jill said...

I can't wait for baby #3. I'm so sad you've been sick. If I was there I'd come take care of you or at least steal the boys so you could get some rest. So sorry. Let's laugh a lot on Saturday. See you soon.