Friday, December 2, 2011

advent calendar for the boys

I've spent all of November gathering ideas for a homemade advent calendar I could do... but have found myself in December now and no time to do it. Have no fear. I found this wrapping paper at Target to help me out. I can be uber creative and make something more long term when the boys aren't so young and I have all sorts of time to kill (does that ever happen?). 


I just cut out each number, glued it to some adorable mini envelopes - and day I hide the envelope somewhere around the house for the boys to find. They take turns finding each day - and it is fun to have it happen at random times. They get so excited when they suddenly take notice of it on the shelf with their toys or next to their milk in the fridge.


So far the treats have been tickets to The Festival of Trees (yesterday), and going to the Movies with Grandma and Grandpa (today). I have little holiday candy and treats, some craft projects for them to make and color, and other activities like making hot chocolate and reading Christmas books, or driving around to see the lights around the neighborhoods and getting malts afterwards. 

I figure the only time this will be as cheap and as fun will be now while the boys are still young. The uber cool designed homemade well thought out and crafted advent calendar can come another year.






1 comment:

Jenigirl said...

Emily girl, so cute what a great idea! Your a good momma!