Sunday, December 11, 2011

why did we do this?



Our favorite line to say to each other when one of our kids won't sleep is, "Who's idea was it to have kids?" Of course we are kidding. I couldn't love my mugwhumps more. My heart and world revolves around them... but oh! These last few days with Max have been brutal. 


We are in a major teething episode. Last night I was up until 4am, trying so hard to keep him cozy as possible... and trying even harder to not fall asleep standing up while I rocked him back and forth. The best moment of the night/morning, was when just minutes after getting him finally down and crawling into bed, my three year old came wandering in our room, announcing he had wet the bed. Of course he did. 


But now tonight it looks like it is round 2. 


I feel I have prepared myself mentally that I will not be going to be anytime soon, but I am desperate for him to be able to relax enough to get into a deep enough sleep. Poor little man.


Why does growing up can be so rough?

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I feel you, friend. In every sense. Want to drink a coke with me tomorrow?