Friday, January 20, 2012

creativity project // bookplates

One of my resolutions for the year was to try and be more creative. I used to do creative things all the time... and well now I realize it's not so much that I don't have the time to be creative as much as I rarely MAKE the time to. I'm trying to be conscious of doing something once a week - that gets the old creative motor running again.

Today's "creativity" project was dedicated to my books. My personal library is slowly growing. I hope to one day have walls and walls of books. Something like this.


I love to read, but with these three monsters running circles around me, I don't get much reading time in. So for now, I slowly read one book at a time and just keep collecting books I would love to one day get around to enjoying. 

So today I made some personalized bookplates for my small collection. I will make a full series this weekend. I like the idea of having all different kinds of birds. Then every time I pick up a new book, they will be ready to be installed. I might even make a small series to give to people whom I know love to read as well. Maybe that will be next week's project. We will see.



 

2 comments:

Brooke said...

what a great idea! I think I'll do that with my someday library too

Jenigirl said...

Em, such a great idea and great gifts! I have used all the starfish ones you made me and on more than one occasion gotten a book back from friends only because of it. Otherwise they said they would have forgotten who it was from. So not only are they beautiful they are useful too! Love the idea of doing collections like birds. You never cease to amaze me with your great ideas!