Friday, January 27, 2012

just so I can remember


This post is mostly so I can remember.

For most of Jack's life, he has had a side kick. Always by his side - every nap, every car ride, every scraped knee... "Bear" was in hand and ever loyal.

Now that Jack has grown older, I have seen with some sadness, the final end of the era of Bear. Jack's posse has officially added on others - or he has out grown most all together. And while Bear was once the favorite, I now see him left behind on the bed each day, as Jack bounds off on his adventures.

For so long Bear was Jack's world, and I am some what sad now that those days are officially gone. I will miss my little man's once sweet little voice,
with thumb in mouth, uttering that one word that would solve all problems: "Bear." I will always see the age of Jack's innocence and childhood every time I look into the ratty love-worn face of Bear. 

I don't know why, but I still make the bed with a prime spot for Bear on the pillows. But that is where he will stay all day - and most likely will be pushed onto the floor at night, no longer part of the adventure.

I know it's lame, but I'm sad for Bear.



1 comment:

paul said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px0j1EHF8Y0

A little Randy Newman to keep this all sad.