Thursday, April 19, 2012

you'll never go back


Homemade croutons are where it's at. Trust me - once you've tried them, you'll never buy store-bought croutons again. This recipe makes just a small batch. I usually double it if I know I will need them twice within the week. Use in soups or on a salad... so yummy!

INGREDIENTS
Roughly 6 slices of bread (I like to use the parmesan garlic italian loaf from Walmart - leaving the crusts... that's where all the seasoned love is!)
3 TBS melted butter or olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 pinch of sea salt
1 tsp dried parsley flakes


RECIPE
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Melt butter and mix with garlic powder, salt and parsley until mixture is clump free
3. Cut up the slices of bread into smaller cubes
4. Toss butter mixture with cubed bread in a medium bowl until all cubes are evenly coated
5. Spread coated bread cubes on a cookie sheet in a single layer (I like to use parchment paper as well)
6. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and toss a bit
7. Bake for additional 15 minutes

Cool and place in an air-tight container or ziplock bag.




1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm making these tonight!