Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Good try angry mom pants


Today while I was out picking up some corn-on-the-cob for dinner, a minivan pulled out in front of me, cutting me off. I just zipped around her into the next lane and back - to which I met her - and her middle finger - once again at the next light. To this I have 4 questions:

1. Who gives the bird anymore?

2. Who gives the bird when they have a van full of kids with them?

3. Why is she so mad at ME for cutting ME off?

4. How am I really supposed to take her vulgar gestures seriously when she is licking a vanilla soft serve icecream cone, driving a pastel blue minivan with Mickey Mouse decal stickers on all the windows and a license plate that says: "DSNY MOM"?

I give her 2 points for effort, but only because she had such a stubby fat middle finger. It gave me a good laugh, which of course only made my new friend all the more friendlier (and by friendlier, I mean irate). Overall, it kind of made my day just because she looked so ridiculous.

5 comments:

LBP said...

Flipping people off is totally 1980's. Get a life Disney Mom.

Alicia said...

I am laughing out loud. That is one of the greatest stories I've heard in a while (and you tell it so well). The whole disney stickers thing should have been your tip that this woman was weird. Well played, Em.
Love you!

Angeler said...

I haven't been flipped off since I was 18 and deserved it. And I think it was from my own mom.

Pastel blue mini van?

Ms. Dottie said...

I love it you're the best. I read this out loud at work and the guys were cracking up. You're so good because I would have immediately been so enraged I would have told her to pull over. I also would have started throwing every empty water bottle I could find at her. Which is also why I don't have my car lighter and never have because I've thrown every single one at a car. You have to remind me to tell you about the time a lady flipped off Banuke and we started throwing stuff at her. The best part was the song on the ready was Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

This is so awesome. DSNY MOMs usually tend to be pretty harmless, aside from the flipping off thing. Now the SPNGBOB MOMs are the ones you have to look out for. Scary stuff.