Saturday, August 23, 2008

He's no olympian, but we love him all the same


The other night we took the boys to a Bee's game downtown. It was a blast - a perfect summer night, friends all around us, and half priced diet cokes in celebration of "thirsty thursday" - hooray!

As you will see in the photo though - Jack was too excited to go inside and decided to introduce his forehead to the sidewalk as we were walking up. Poor kid took quite a beating. Doesn't look like he'll be trying out for the Olympics anytime in the near future - those tall legs should be good for something, we just don't think it will be in the athletic department.

The sound of him hitting the concrete was so loud - I actually heard a women nearby scream. Little did she know, Jack is notorious for finding his way to any bump, crack or hole in the ground and such a goose ache has actually happened several times before. This one though, is easily the worst.

But he took it like a champ - only a few minutes of tears - and then all his troubles were solved with a bag of plain M&Ms.

7 comments:

sarah said...

Oh wow that one looks like it must have hurt! But look at that cheesy grin! Impressive bounce-back.

Alicia said...

You've been busy! I haven't been so good at checkin' up on bloggin', but I am thoroughly impressed with the array of pics you have here. I love your little guys. They are a-dorable. And you look hott! Love you!

Ms. Dottie said...

Poor guy that looks like it hurt. I love the big smile though he's the best. A baseball game sounds fun now I want a hotdog. You're boys are so cute!!!

paul said...

Raspberry Jack.

What a tough kid.

bakerzdozen said...

It looks like Great Aunt Jamie gave him a big kiss on the forehead!

Alicia said...

I totally tagged you. Do it!!

Angeler said...

I always eat chocolate to distract myself from pain. Jack and I are the same that way.

Poor kiddie.