Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I think we've done a good job


Today, while crossing the parking lot at Harmons, a man jumped out of his car while driving past, shoved this CD into my hands an began telling me some story about being from Chicago and now taking his CD to the people after "the man" would not record it.

I said "thanks" and continued to head to my car, as he chimed in that he was also asking $5 for it. I had yet to put my $2 in change back in my wallet and was forced to be honest and say, "all I have is $2" even though not only did I NOT want to buy his CD, but just 1 minute prior to this encounter, I had just passed up the holiday Recess Valentine heart in some sad efforts to save money (and added pounds).

The nice gentleman took the $2 right out of my hands and jumped back into his car. Ryan was having a good laugh since he had witnessed the entire thing from the car. This "please don't tell me you bought that guy's cd" kind of look was on his face as he put it in to play.

The next thing to happen made it all worth it though. After 10 seconds of listening, Jack yells from the back seat:

"Stop the music! You're making me sad with that noise!"

Looks like we are raising this little nugget right after all. Already a snob with his music choices. Oh Jack, you make us so proud.

So...if anyone wants, I have a free CD up for grabs.

4 comments:

junioraudio said...

jack's clearly is the man, although, that is weird artwork for a bruce springsteen record.

paul said...

redefining "Street Team" one supermarket parking lot at a time.

sarah sample said...

this is awesome emily. if the guy on the cover was the guy jumping out of the car at me...i would be afraid. I surprised you didn't run.

Niki and Jess said...

That is absolutely hilarious. You had me laughing out loud at work!