Wednesday, November 9, 2011

the catchup

I've been horrible about blogging lately. Max is teething AND carrying on a monster cold for the last few weeks and so life has been, well - not much but trying to keep him happy.

After he is snoring soundly in bed, I have no energy left for much else, but to drool over things like this diddy. I think when life returns to normal, I will attempt to make these. Don't they look like heaven?



The boys and I found this book by super hip illustrator and designer Frank Viva on our latest trip to the library. I love the illustrations, and wouldn't mind adding this to our home library sometime in the future. This is his first children's book, and I hope he does more.

 
Halloween was a blast. The weather couldn't have been more dreamy. Jack, Cash and I took on the neighborhood as PowerRangers, while Max sported a Where the Wild Things are costume I convinced my mom to help me make. Each year we get together to trick-or-treat with all the cousins and then hang back at my brother's house for various home made soups and sugar overloading on candy. 





I'm getting super excited for Thanksgiving. I have all my recipes picked out for the big dinner. Cornbread stuffing, Molasses-Bourbon Pecan Pie... I love this time of year. The boys are getting ever excited for Christmas as well, and when Ryan is not in the car, we turn up the holiday music even though it isn't December yet. 

Shhhh, don't tell.

No comments: