Thursday, October 15, 2009

where the wild things are


Jack and I have been anxiously awaiting the release of Where The Wild Things Are. It comes out tomorrow - I am not sure if we will be able to find a babysitter for our own wild thing, Cash - so we may have to wait a day or so to see it. We have watched the trailer at least once if not more a day since it debuted.

At his last birthday, Aunt Jennie and Uncle Jeff gave Jack the Wild Things and Max dolls. He takes the entire posse with him where ever he goes - along with his favorite ratty bear of course.

While I was looking up some reviews on the movie tonight, I found this great interview with the author of the children's book, Maurice Sendak, and director Spike Jonzes with screenwriter Dave Eggers
.

I especially loved the part about the wild things being created after his aunts and uncles from Europe. Or the part about the controversy over the words "and it was still hot" at the end of the book. You should take time to read it.

I have been completely fixated on this movie ever since the trailer played out with that amazing Arcade Fire song, to which Jack has every word memorized, and can sing the melody perfectly. I can't wait to see this movie. I have always loved the book. I know it is going to be amazing.




2 comments:

Alicia said...

I'll watch your little boy. Call me.

Danielle said...

...also dying to see this. Jon actually stiffed us all because our fav neighbors invited us, but because I 'was taking a nap'he decided not to go.

Balderdash.