Sunday, September 21, 2008

ending the summer on a good note








Saturday the boys and I went out to Thanksgiving Point to see Ryan play with our friend Paul. They were opening for Peter Brienholt - who, I have to say, is a really nice human being, but I am not really a fan of the music - so when Ryan announced we were staying until the whole show was over, I realized I had been tricked into taking only one car so I couldn't make a quick getaway after Paul's set was over.

The weather threatened to pour down on us - and during sound check there were a few showers, but then it turned out to be a perfect night. The cool cat Wileys came (our friend Scott is also in the band), along with the adoring Holly and Leo. Jack shoved his face full of popcorn, hotdogs, and all sorts of treats while our men did their thing up on stage.

Paul just came out with a new CD - his CD release party is actually this upcoming Saturday and I invite all to come. The CD is amazing and the boys and I have been listening to it non stop in the car this last week (although the new Leona Naess might be getting some extra air time as well... another CD you should all purchase right away).

It was a really fun weekend to end the summer on.

7 comments:

Mike said...

How could you say that about Peter?!? Roger would have a fit.

T-raz and the H-train said...

wow, your cut is great! Can we try again this week? Give me a call. All have stopped crying.

Jamie said...

Hi Em! It's Jill. I think your really hot! When are we going to hang out? Today is the first day of Fall and you know that we both love us some scrarves and gloves. Lets go buy some soon. Love you!

LBP said...

I love your new haircut and color. I want to ask you out on a date, but I am too nervous.

Kat said...

Emily - I thought you were my sister Kara in these pics. You have the same hair? Nose? I don't know? Boys look as cute as ever. How did you get them to sit still in the midst of all that grass?

AZ Larsens said...

EMILY! What up?! I'm your new stalker. I just read a bunch of your blog and your kids are adorable. I like your hair dark too by the way.

Jamie said...

Hello , it's really me Jamie now. I hate when Jill fronts like she's me.... GOSH
LOve those pics!!! You do such a good job with your hair.