Tuesday, September 30, 2008

ditto what Sarah said...




Sarah said it perfectly - it was one of the best shows any of us had seen in a long time. Paul and the guys were amazing. It was pretty cool to sit there watching the night unfold - remembering back to the first gigs I saw Paul play in small dark venues in little ol' Provo - now here he was, practically exploding off the stage.

Paul has always been an amazing musician, but Saturday night took the cake. They have seemed to have found a perfect combination of talent as well - Paul, Scott, George, Pat, Dylan and Ryan - you DID get chills during songs like "You're the Song" and "At that Day". They were incredible. And the live version of "Proper Noun" was wicked.

The benefit raffle for Stephanie and Christian raised over $500 - Sarah and I both won amazing Leia Bell original prints and poor Holly (Paul's wife) even managed to attend with our little adorable Leo refusing to take a nap for the last 12 hours. It was a great night, a great CD release party - and I encourage all to go purchase Paul's new CD - I can't stop listening to it, and neither will you.

3 comments:

paul said...

ditto what i said to sarah:

thanks for your lending your husband and house.

and thanks for taking care of the raffle table.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Woo hoo! I'm going to buy the new CD right now. Glad you had such a fun night and I'm so sorry we missed it.

Jamie said...

I'm sad we missed it... I need to get Paul's new CD!
THanks for hanging out with me last night... twas great times!