Monday, September 1, 2008

R.I.P


My sister-in-law Aly gave Jack a fish for Christmas. We managed to keep him happy and alive for an amazing 8 months, but this morning he had moved on to big ocean in the sky. 

Jack took it really well. I just told him "fish" went home to his mom and he seemed okay with it. He recovered from the loss of "Fish" even faster when he learned we were going to find a replacement fish.

We asked Jack what he wanted to name it. Ryan suggested "Penelope". I suggested "Javier".  Jack chose: "Fish".

We will miss you Fish #1. Welcome to the family Fish #2.

3 comments:

Ms. Dottie said...

I love it. I missed school once when my frogs died I was so upset. I won't even tell you how old I was it's embarassing. I love the new name though he's such a cutie. RIP fish I'll pour out a little coke for you this morning.

Jamie said...

OHHH jack. so devastating... Auntie Jennie will comfort you she feels the same way about fish.

Fayth and her cousin also just had a small service for one of her tiny african dwarf frogs. His name was charlie.. he was a good frog. Maybe they are swimming together in animal heaven?

LBP said...

You take the fish funerals very seriously, adn I can appreciate it. I remember when "BETA" died in college and we flushed him down the toilet. You drew me a picture in memory. I still have it.