Monday, September 8, 2008

spreading the word


While I am getting to this much later then most of the other blogs out there - I have so many people asking about it, I figured I should officially spread the word.

An old friend of mine was in a recent plane crash with his beautiful wife. You can learn more about their story in the links below - there is also serveral links on any of these sites, where you can donate to help with their recovery costs.


Christian was burned over 30% of his body, while his wife suffered over 80% burns.
There are so many details to which I will not attempt to involve in this blog, but if you want to know more, or be part of the amazing online donation charity that is going on in their behalf, go to some of these links.

Our friend Jonathan Canlas, one of the most amazing photographers I will ever know, has also started up a donation in their behalf. For the month of September - he is donating all the proceeds from from his family portraits sessions - to the foundation set up for Christian and his wife.

Jon took our wedding photos - as well as countless of our friends weddings and most of the brides we have done invitations for. He is phenominal. Check out his work and then book him to take your family photo - it's a good cause and you will have amazing photos to show for it.


Here is a link to my friend Sarah Wiley's family photos he recently took.

Links:
> benefit blog
> NY Times article
> Nie Nie (stephanie's) blog
> Nie Nie sister's blog (updates on their recovery)


1 comment:

Mindi said...

My sister just tuned me into this today, so sad but neat to see what everyone is doing to help.