Monday, June 1, 2009

this made me happy


A daily routine for Jack and I, is to go looking for bugs and such after Cash goes down for his nap. It is nice, because I can turn off the morning cartoons without the drama and devastation that Jack should win awards for, and also because it keeps the noise volume down to nothing so the Cashman can really get a good long nap. It also gives me some good gardening time while Jack pretends he is Lightening McQueen and zooms back and forth across the lawn with very realistic racecar noises.

On today's adventure, Jack met a daddy-long-leg for the first time and didn't really like it. I discovered those bloody aphids are already eating my lovely roses and I didn't really like that.

But then we found that the cute little robin who built a nest in one of our trees out front, had her eggs finally hatch. How do their eggs get to be such a beautiful turquoise blue. I wish I had a skirt in that color.





2 comments:

sarah said...

Your roses are beautiful! But I hear you about the aphids. I'm pretty much ready to give up on my honeysuckle. But my roses have been spared so far. The combo systemic pesticide/rose food is doing it's job so far.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

What a fun day!

And get yourself some ladybugs for those roses. They sell them at local garden stores in packs. Ladybugs love to eat aphids as a tasty little snack and Jack will have even more bugs to find. A win, win situation!