Thursday, November 5, 2009

H1N1

I feel so weird about this whole H1N1 thing. I was in line today at the Walgreens to get a vaccination and after I received my golden ticket, this cute little 66 year old lady behind me, fitting the requirements to allow her the vaccine, was turned away because she was one year over the cut off date. I get it - there is a shortage, and they have to set up guidelines to distribute it out or it would be all chaos, but it still leaves me feeling weird. I feel weird that I can get it, but my parents can't - like I can board the life boat, but I have to sit and watch everyone else while the water comes in.

Okay - a little dramatic, I know. It just feels wrong. I wanted to give up my vaccine to this lady, but they said she couldn't have it either way. I don't like how it made me feel to watch her walk away so sad. I don't like the idea of me somehow being more important then her.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I would feel the same way Em. It's weird rule. You Leigh girls just have too big of a heart! :)

Jamie said...

Dam that flu. If you were Jenniegirl you would have offered to have Jeff drive her to another office to receive the vaccine.
hahahaaaaaaa
LOVE you!