Wednesday, March 18, 2009

as crafty as I get


I am not really a crafty-kinda girl. Not that I think there is anything wrong with those who are - I just don't posses the talent, patience, or taste for it. But ever so often I catch something in Martha Stewart that makes me pull out the glitter and glue and go hog wild.

In this last April issue, Mama Martha had some wicked cool Easter displays with very European inspired decals and some old school botanical flower and butterflies decoupaged onto blown eggs. I did'nt really want to fully commit myself to putting that much time and money into my sudden urge to get into the holiday Easter spirit, so I took the easy way out, bought plastic pre-ribboned eggs, scanned in some butterfly stickers I already had and splurging a little on some crystal fine glitter. I felt it was a step up from the regular elementary school art project kind of glitter.

So here is the end result. Ryan didn't even notice it when he walked into the room tonight even though my craft station has been talking over the kitchen for the last several days ... so maybe it IS a little too crafty and not that cool, but I really secretly enjoyed myself. I think next year I will make some egg boxes like MS featured and gift them to people.

For now, I think I have used up all the craftiness I have in me for the rest of the year.




3 comments:

sarah sample said...

emily, i think you are a very artistic person! I am always impressed with your projects. if i lived in utah I might crash your craft projects :)

Mindi said...

Way cute, I think that's pretty crafty- in a good way.

Jamie said...

Can you make me one? Oh and make me dinner.. maybe pizza.
Oh and let me dog run all over your house?
Oh and if you don't mind I need dessert too.
Ok thanks for din din!!!