Tuesday, March 10, 2009

dog throwup, the big 30, and all that comes inbetween

This last weekend I turned the big 3-0.

The weekend was great. We feasted on oldfashioned cake donuts with brownsugar glazed on top for breakfast. Went out to dinner, saw a movie, even got the boys to both take a nap at the same time on Sunday - thus allowing Ryan and I to take a lazy day Sunday nap as well.

Gifts were stellar, cupcakes were outstanding (My poor sister-in-law, Shelby, made 4 different batches of cupcakes! Round 1: the batter tasted bad - thinking it was the mix, she tossed it and made another. Round 2: also tasted bad, realizing it was her oil that had gone rancid. Round 3: with all new stuff again from the store, she made the cupcakes, but before they could get frosted - my other sister-in-laws dog Ace ate 12 of the chocolate cupcakes - wrappers and all! Then next hour was spent trying to make him vomit - then onto Round 4 cupcakes. They were yummy none the less - but she probably will never want to make cupcakes ever again!)


The boys spoiled me with lots of treats, including this hip Domino decor book I have been coveting for months - along with some dresses I have had my eye on, some great flats, cookbooks and such. I love birthdays!

The in-laws treated me to these beautiful tulips which I will be so sad when they are gone. Having fresh flowers in the house is the best! And Jennie and Jeff along with my girlfriends Jill and Jamie made all my dreams come true and got me the yellow table from Ikea that I so loved! I made off like a bandit!

Year 30 is already proving to be great.





4 comments:

sarah said...

Happy Birthday Emily! Welcome to the 30-something club! I love your tulips and what a bonus come birthday-treat-time to have such a persistent sister-in-law. We need to hang out soon. We miss you guys.

Alicia said...

Happy happy birthday Em! I'm so happy we are friends. I found an old card you gave me years ago the other day. It made me happy. You are the greatest.

Niki and Jess said...

Happy 30th Em! I am not far behind you!

Mindi said...

Happy Birthday!