Monday, March 16, 2009

a hint of summer

Today could not have been any better.

The weather was stellar. I opened all the windows in the house and let the almost 70 degree wind clear out the stuffy old winter that has been keeping us indoors for so long. I washed all the sheets on all the beds, mopped the floors, and vacuumed each and every last square inch of carpet. I was on cleaning rampage.

We packed up the boys in the afternoon and headed into town for Ryan to play a show with Paul and the Madison Arm down at Slowtrain. We stopped off first at The Soup Kitchen for some dinner grubbin' and dined on some tasty tomato soap and cheesey breadsticks.

Then the boys and I window shopped all the antique stores and boutiques that line Broadway while the guys were setting up their stuff. I love how entertained Jack - and little kids in general - can keep themselves. Jack stayed at this dip in the sidewalk for a good 15-20 minutes jumping over and over it. Jack kept insisting that I let him go explore "the caves" aka the creepy alleys we would find every so often.

Once the show started, the boys lasted 2 minutes inside and then wanted to go back outside. Luckily I could hear everything still from out in front and as always, Paul and gang - it was a good show.

During the last few songs - Jack and Cash found this bike rack (which I might consider installing in my house it kept them so entertained) - and took turns going in and out of it over and over. And then Cash took his mighty first 2-3 steps unassisted! I know - it's not really walking, but he almost had it!

At the end of the night, we drove most of the way home with windows down. Oh I can't wait for summer to get here!










Oh - and major perk of the night:
I got to squeeze my new boyfriend Leo (Paul and Holly's little dreamboat). Man I love those cheeks!


4 comments:

Alicia said...

Em, you are a story-telling and picture-taking genius. I wish I was there! (Yes, even for the cleaning part... I could hear the vacuum and feel the 70 degree weather brushing against my face.)

Jamie said...

Love the headband. I miss Jack. He was so sad to leave the sandbox the other night. Get a sandbox and a bike rack and you will not see him all summer. - Jill

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

I can't belive how big your kids are!! And what little handsome guys!! By the way Happy Birthday!! Feels great to be 30 huh???

Jamie said...

I'm sorry I haven't kept up on your blogs because I've been such a busy new mom. I love them all tho!!! I promise to be better now that Boss Hog is sleeping through the night!