Monday, March 30, 2009

I knew this day would come


Tonight we left Jack's best friend and favorite teddy named "Bear" at the library. I didn't realize the tragedy until they had closed for the night. Jack was devastated and immediately threw out all other stuffed animals from his room before bed to really let me know, no other cozy friend would do. He would not stop frowning. He just kept saying, "I am just so sad mom."

Bear goes EVERYWHERE with Jack. This is as close to the end of the world as it gets for a three year old boy.

And while I am so sad for Jack, part of me is super sad for Bear too. Somewhere he is laying on the floor of a dark library, wondering where Jack is - and Jack is upstairs alone in his bed not quite sure why I don't bring Bear to him and make everything better.

I have always dreaded the "we lost bear" moment. I knew it would come. I am just praying that little ratty teddy is there when I call in the morning.

Everyone keep their fingers crossed.


4 comments:

Alicia said...

Poor little man.

Miranda at Marz Haus said...

Hold on Bear! They're coming for you.

And poor little Jack. I know how he feels about his best friend. I even took mine with me to college but Zach made my bear, Teddy, move back into my parents' house after we got married.

Maybe Jack can write a story about the adventures Bear had while he was spending the night in the library.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Jack and Bear will be reunited soon!

Jamie said...

Em, I must know... Did Jack get Bear back?

Niki and Jess said...

Aw, this made me so sad :(. I hope you find Bear! Keep us posted!