Monday, March 2, 2009

here's the deal


I recently discovered, that our friends Paul and Holly, gifted us with a stellar christmas CD of the best songs from 2008. I don't know how long it had been sitting in the car - either Paul forgot to give it to Ryan during the holidays, or Ryan forgot to mention it was given. Either way, I found it the other night while the boys and I were about town killing time while Ryan and the guys had band practice.

If you know Paul and Holly - you know they listen to great music. So most of the CD was an easy sell on me. I loved almost all of it. Even Jack has a favorite track in which he yells out, "put on the rock-n-roll" and I know he wants track 15. The CD was super hip. Paul had handwritten all the tracks and why he and the mrs had picked that particular tune for the CD, and well, it was a great gift. In past years, Ry and I have also tried to give a mix or two out to our family and friends, but this holiday proved busier then usual, so it never happened and it kind of bummed me out.

But after an afternoon with Paul and Holly's 2008 best, an idea popped in my head.

We always have a lot of you picking our brains for new music. Many of you may not like the majority of what we listen to, but that is only because you have bad taste. Just kidding (only partly) but overall the majority of our friends seem to either be musically dead, or in need of new tunes all the time. Even if you DO listen to great music, who doesn't love a good mix, right? Luckily for me, Ryan keeps a good tab on what is out, what is good, and what is new - and I reap all the benefits of his music finds.

So I have decided I am going to start something.

Each month, Ryan and I are going to make a mix and give it to someone. Since we are in March already, I think I will catch up with those I have already promised a mix to. Mindy and Gaige get mix #1 and the Courts get mix #2 - that would catch us up to March.

This is how it will work. I will post when the mix is complete. First person to leave a comment gets the mix. Anyone after that can leave a nice argument on why they should also be considered for a pity mix and I might cave and send them one as well.

And so it begins. March mix is already in the making...




5 comments:

stephanie said...

yes! i think this is a fabulous idea. i can't wait to hear our mix.

paul said...

Take pity on us because ours inspired your great idea?

PS: "ALMOST all the songs?" ALMOST? Let me guess- you didn't like the Ryan Tanner song.

PS2: Jack is fan of The National. He outcools us all.

PS3: Thanks, as always, for your generosity with the basement.

Gaige said...

We are waiting anxiously for our masterpiece!

Mindi said...

Yay! I'm looking forward to it.

T-raz and the H-train said...

Emmy-help a girl out. Our 26 track children mix of all the "classics" is truly killing me. Do you know how painful it is to constantly have Do Your Ears Hang Low in your head? And I love that broccoli eating Jack of yours! Give him a high five.