Thursday, May 7, 2009

i love days like these


Today was a great day. My room was a perfect temperature when I woke up. We started sleeping with the windows open at night - and it is heaven.

The weather was warm, but with a cool enough breeze to open all the windows and air out the house. I love the way it feels to have that wind gently whip through the rooms, down the hall and across Cash's little stick-straight hair as he peers out at all the activities that are going on in the neighborhood below.

I got to get my hair done today. I do not know how I managed to ever grow my hair out to these lengths (I am more of a short-haired girl), but when I closed my car door the other day and realized I had half my hair in it, I thought it must be time for a trim. Plus, my attempts to cutting up my own bangs is still a talent I do not posses. I go to my cute friend Jamie's Salon - so the trip is more then a reviving of the hair, but a good chat, a catch up with each other, and good laughs as we look through all the hot gossip magazines and wonder how Angelie will raise all those kids if Brad leaves her... oh yeah, it's called 8 nannies.

Ryan took the boys to the park while I had my girly time. I love when the boys can be outside. I think all the winter months make me want to spend every hour of daylight on slides, swings, walks, and adventures of any kind that involve the sun and the TV off. We stopped for Cash's first slurpee (which we attempted to make Jack share with him - until we realized we had started WW3 over Mega Molton orange slush) and returned home so I could return some emails, finish some design work, and have enough time to tidy up the house, sweep the floor and feel for 2 minutes that my house always looked this ordeally.

Then we packed everyone up again and headed out to Cafe Rio for "Tamale Thursday"... CR's thursday special which is tasty and cheap. I then dumped Ryan off at home for band practice as the boys and I dashed over to Grandma's and Grandpa's for treats, more sliding and swinging, a lot of running, in which Mom can sit and watch while the Grandparent's entertain, and a nice walk around the block a few times. Jack played Thomas the Tank Engine games with Grandpa, rough housed with Uncle Steve, and got in a little arts and crafts time with Grandma in which he created his first self portrait (featured above). I don't really see the resemblence, so maybe he is going through an abstract period.

As soon as we got home, the boys both feel dead asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillows, and I got some good time to relax and read my library book about how to create a "timeless landscape design" for my front yard.

May seventh was a good day.


5 comments:

Kari said...

Just reading about your day made me feel good.

Alicia said...

Wow. I think we need to hang out. Seriously.

sarah sample said...

yay for a good day! I have had a few good days lately, and it made me smile to hear about yours. Oh, I love the headboard on your bed, and the two pictures on either side.
xo

Jamie said...

Post a picture of your hair yo... you look too pretty to keep it a secret.
I'll bring puppy and Fayth over to help in the yard. We love u guys!

Brooke said...

You always have the cutest hair, I want to see a picture of your new do! :)