Saturday, May 2, 2009

little buckaroo

This entry is mostly for Grandpa ...

Tonight, on the way home from our adventures of the day, Cash was crying - we had obviously kept him out way past his bed time, lost his bink and all he wanted was his cozies and bottle. Suddenly, very quietly, I could hear Jack singing Cash a lullaby.

It may just have been the cutest thing ever. He was singing him a song my grandpa sang to my dad when he was little (My Little Buckaroo), my dad would sing to us at night when we were small, and I sing to Jack and Cash before they go to bed ... but to hear it in Jack's little miniature voice to Cash, was too much.

Man I love those little monsters.

"Go to sleep, my little Buckaroo,
You know the stars in heaven, they shine down for you.
Your eyes are tired, another day is through.
So go to sleep, my little Buckaroo.

wooo - oooo, Don't you know that Buffalo Bill, was once a kid like you.
Your eyes are tired, another day is through.
So go to sleep, my little Buckaroo."*


(*My version is not true to the lyrics - as my memory has not held onto them very well, anyway, I thought you'd get a kick out that Grandpa)

3 comments:

sarah sample said...

I love this. really really sweet jack. I want to hear the melody. hope you all are great. xo

Jamie said...

Why you make me cry? I'll call you tomorrow Emilygirl.

Kari said...

seriously the cutest story ever! It's actually the only song Mr. Porter will let me sing when he's trying his best to stay awake. Works every time! Could your family be any cuter? I think not.